1040 E-filing Help
- SSN or TIN
- W-2GU form(s)
- 1099 form(s). This includes 1099-INT, 1099-OID and 1099-G.
- Other income not reported on the above forms.
Can I file my return online using the Form 1040 E-Filing system?
You may file your Form 1040 online if the following are applicable to you:
- Your Wage income is reported to you on Form W-2 or W-2GU;
- Your Interest Income is not more than $1,500;
- Your filing status is either single, married filing jointly, or head of household;
Will I be able to enter my dependent information?
- The 1040 online now allows you to enter dependent information.
- There are no limits as to the number of dependents you can claim.
What credits can I claim using the Form 1040 E-Filing system?
Provided you are eligible, the 1040 online allows, you to claim the following credits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Earned Income Credit
- Additional Child Tax Credit
How can I file my return online?
You must register for an Individual MyGuamTax account at this site. For more information and registration assistance refer to Online Services Help.
What can I expect after registering for an online E-File account??
- You will be asked to set your password and other security measures.
- You will be taken to your MyGuamTax E-Home page.
- Among other DRT online services, you will have access to file your Form 1040, lookup the history of all returns or extensions you filed online, file your Form EIP-NF, and lookup the status of your EIP "CARES" payment.
What do I do with Copy B of my Form W-2GU after I e-file my 1040?
- Online filers are not required to submit Copy B to DRT as walk-in filers are when filing a tax return. Online filers should however keep Copy B for their records.
- Online filers' Form 1040 and wage statement(s) information will be matched and validated through several process levels by the Income Tax and Processing Branch, DRT.
Can I file more than one 1040 return using a single MyGuamTax account?
No. As an individual Form 1040 filer, you are only permitted to file your annual return.
Can I file an amended 1040 return using MyGuamTax?
No. Currently DRT's e-file service does not include Form 1040X Amended Individual Income Tax Return.
I am expecting a refund, how will I receive it?
Two payment distribution options are available for receiving your Income Tax refund:
- A Paper Refund Check issued by the Department of Administration, Treasurer of Guam and made payable to person(s) named in a tax return, will be mailed to the address indicated in that tax return;
- Refund Direct Deposit (optional). If you select this option, your refund will only be deposited directly into the account that is in your own name. You must have a checking or savings account with one of the authorized banking institutions located on Guam. Your refund for direct deposit will be processed as a single transaction and will be deposited into only one account. You must select your banking institution from a drop-down listing of those institutions authorized and the correct routing number. You must enter your bank account number. The bank account holder(s) name must match the name on tax return.
If I have a balance tax due, can I make a payment at the same time I e-file?
Yes. If you have a balance tax due you will have the option to use your credit card to make a payment when you e-file. You will be asked to enter your credit card information prior to finalizing your e-filing process. Upon selecting to file your return, your credit card will be charged.
What types of credit cards do you accept?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express only.
How can I make a tax payment later if I don't pay when I e-file?
If you have a balance tax due but do not make a payment when you e-file, you can make a payment using the following options:
- Online using pay.guam.gov. You can make a 1040 manual payment. This does not require a PIN, but you must have a pay.guam.gov user account. View 1040 payment instructions for the pay.guam.gov site.
- Walk in to the Department of Revenue and Taxation, Collection branch. Make sure to bring a copy of your e-filed return with the watermark "E-Filed" shown across the page.
- Mail in your payment. Mail your check payable to "Treasurer of Guam" to the Department of Revenue and Taxation, P.O. Box 23607, GMF, Guam 96921.
Is there a fee for e-filing?
No, there is no fee for e-filing your return, but any tax owed and/or penalties still apply. If you have a balance due and you opt to e-file and pay online at the same time, a convenience fee of 3.70% of the amount due will be charged to you in addition.
For any questions regarding E-File or other Income Tax Services, please e-mail email@example.com.