1040 E-filing Help
- SSN or TIN
- W-2GU form(s)
- 1099 form(s). This includes 1099-INT, 1099-OID and 1099-G.
- Other income not reported on the above forms.
What do I do with Copy B of my Form W-2GU after I e-file my 1040?
Keep Copy B for your records. Your 1040 is matched against the copy of the W-2GU form submitted by your employer.
Can I file more than one 1040 return using a single MyGuamTax account?
No, unless your MyGuamTax account has been set up as a Tax Preparer account. If your MyGuamTax account is an approved tax preparer account, you will be able to e-file multiple 1040s.
Can I file an amended 1040 return using MyGuamTax?
No. Currently you can only e-file original 1040s using MyGuamTax.
If I have a balance tax due, can I make a payment at the same time I e-file?
Yes. If you have a balance tax due you will have the option to use your credit card to make a payment when you e-file. You will be asked to enter your credit card information prior to e-filing, and your credit card will be charged when you e-file your 1040.
What types of credit cards do you accept?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express only.
How can I make a tax payment later if I don't pay when I e-file?
If you have a balance tax due but do not make a payment when you e-file, you can make a payment using the following options:
- Online using pay.guam.gov. You can make a 1040 manual payment. This does not require a PIN, but you must have a pay.guam.gov user account. View 1040 payment instructions for the pay.guam.gov site.
- Walk-in your payment to any Treasurer of Guam location. Make sure to bring a copy of your e-filing confirmation receipt.
- Mail in your payment. Mail your check payable to "Treasurer of Guam" to the Department of Revenue and Taxation, P.O. Box 23607, GMF, Guam 96921.
Is there a fee for e-filing?
No, there is no fee for e-filing your return, but any tax owed and/or penalties still apply. If you have a balance due and you opt to e-file and pay online at the same time, a convenience fee of 3.70% of the amount due will be assessed.