Vehicle Registration Online Renewal Help
What do I need to renew my vehicle registration online?
You must have:
- A valid MyGuamTax account. (Not yet registered? Register now.)
- A vehicle registration that will be expiring within one month
- Current insurance policy with a partipating insurance company
- A "Passed" vehicle safety inspection from a participating inspection station
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card for payment
* Only customers of insurance companies and inspection stations that electronically report to Rev&Tax can renew online. For further details, read the Vehicle Registration Renewal FAQ.
How do I get my updated vehicle registration document if I renew online?
You will be able to print your official renewed registration document through this system. You will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view and print the document.
How do I get my updated vehicle registration tag if I renew online?
Your tag will be mailed to you and you should receive it within seven to 10 business days.
What can stop me from renewing online?
- Traffic clearance flag. If the vehicle you are renewing is flagged for traffic clearances, you will not be able to renew online until these flags are cleared. You will need to clear the traffic clearances with the Superior Court of Guam.
- Non-submission of insurance policy by insurance company. You cannot proceed with renewal if your insurance company has not electronically submitted your insurance policy data to our department. Check to see if your insurance provider participates in the electronic submission process. If so, contact your provider to ensure they have submitted the data to our department.
- Non-submission of safety inspection report by safety inspection station. You cannot proceed with renewal if the inspection station where you had your vehicle inspected has not electronically submitted your inspection report to our department. Check to see if the inspection station participates in the electronic submission process. If so, contact the inspection station to ensure they have submitted the data to our department.
How long is a safety inspection valid?
A safety inspection is valid for three months from inspection date. If you have an outdated safety inspection, you will not be able to renew online.
What vehicle registration types can be renewed online?
Only non-military, non-government, local vehicle registrations can be renewed online at this time.
How far in advance can I renew my registration?
You can renew your registration online within one month of your registration expiration. To renew a registration more than a month in advance, but not greater than three months in advance, you must renew in person at our office.
What are SSCRA vehicles and why can't I renew them online?
SSCRA, or Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act vehicles, are not categorized as local vehicle registrations. Currenlty, only non-military, non-government, local vehicle registrations can be renewed online.
Can I register a new vehicle online?
No, you must initially register your vehicle at our office. MyGuamTax currently processes renewals of existing vehicle registrations.
I have valid vehicle insurance coverage but it's not reflecting on my account when I try to renew online. What do I do?
If you have coverage with a participating insurance company, then you need to contact your insurance company to submit the data electronically to our department. Once submitted, your insurance coverage will be instantly reflected on your MyGuamTax account for the corresponding vehicle.
I have a Passed vehicle safety inspection, but it's not reflecting on my account when I try to renew online. What do I do?
If you have coverage with a participating inspection station, then you need to contact the vehicle safety inspection station to submit the data electronically to our department. Once submitted, your vehicle's safety inspection data will be instantly reflected on your MyGuamTax account for the corresponding vehicle.
When will my next renewal date be if I renew an expired vehicle registration online?
- If you renew within three months of the expiration date, then your renewal month will be the same month of expiration. For example, if you renew in September 2006 a registration that expired in June 2006, then your next renewal date will be June 2007.
- If you renew more than three months after a registration has expired, then your new renewal month will be the month in which you renew. For example, if you renew in August 2006 a registration that expired in January 2006, then your next renewal date will be August 2007.
What method of payment do you accept for online vehicle registration renewals?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express only.
Is there a fee for renewing online?
Yes. Along with standard registration fees and penalties, if any, a convenience fee will be assessed on the balance due based on the following fee structure:
|Amount Due||Convenience Fee|
|$0.0 to $50.00||$2.45|
|$50.01 to $100.00||$3.20|
|$100.01 to $125.00||$3.70|
|$125.01 to $150.00||$4.45|
|Greater than $150||2.75%|